Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Shawshank Redemption

I give this film a 9 out of 10.

"When they send you in here for life, that is what they take." That quote from the movie is my favorite. I enjoyed this film very much. Maybe it was because the story was simple. The director laid the story out right in front of my face with a few easy symbols throw in. The story line was fantastic and it made me cry.

The Shawshank Redemption is a film based off a book by Stephen King. It is directed by Frank Darabont, and has a cast of Morgan Freeman as Red, Tim Ribbons as Andy Dufrense, and Bob Gunton as the Warden. The film was released in 1994, and is about a man that goes to prison, whose name is Andy Dufrense, for murdering his wife. He befriends Red and many other prisoners during his time there. After he makes the prison easier to live in, he escapes and moves to Mexico.

I really liked this film. It had inspiring quotes, an attention grabbing, heart tugging, story line, and it was a film that was very easy to watch (camera angles and such).

No comments:

Post a Comment