Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

I gave this film a 6 out of 10.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly was released in 1966. This film was a western... but actually filmed in Italy, which as a viewer, drove me crazy. This film was a parody of a western, also called a spaghetti western, and I didn't like how everything was wrong. The horses, the terrain, and the accents.

This film has Italian actors such as Eli Wallach as Tuco, Lee Van Cleef as Angel Eyes, and a Italian director, Sergio Leone. The American actor, Clint Eastwood as Blondie, did an alright job. This film was about an assassin, Angel Eyes, sent to kill someone for money, but then he comes across Tuco and Blondie who are on the same agenda.

I wasn't a big fan of this film at all. The dialogue was bad, and the filmography wasn't that great either. The acting was okay for the sixties. I just... overall did not like this film.  

No comments:

Post a Comment