Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Graduate

I rated this film a 7 out of 10.

The Graduate is a movie that came out in 1967 and it represents what the teenagers of the of the '60's were going through. They wanted change. They didn't want to be like their parents. One can see this definitely in The Graduate. The main character, Ben Braddock (played by Dustin Hoffman[one of Dustin's first films]) doesn't know what he wants to do with his life and he slowly rebels and becomes in a relationship with an older woman, Mrs. Robinson (played by Anne Bancroft). This was directed by Mike Nichols, too. This film is a comedy slash drama.

I gave this film a 7 out of 10 because I liked it, but I didn't love it. The symbols in this film were easy to understand and I overall liked the acting and the way it was presented. The film conjures questions like, why did a certain character do this? Why didn't they do that? Just general questions that one person can discuss with a group of people.

Because this film was a little funny, I would probably watch The Graduate again.

1 comment:

  1. Good. I suggest you add quotes and more details. Please let your personal voice shine through.
    Thanks,
    SWM

    ReplyDelete